autumn salad with pumpkin seed oil and sprouted buckwheat
Large bowl, 6–8 servings
- 3 cups cooked sorghum millet (1 cup uncooked grains: 200g)
- 2 cups cooked green lentils (½ cup dry lentils: 100g)
- 300g fresh Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup fresh cranberries or ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 large apple
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 handfuls of walnuts (preferably freshly hulled)
- 4 tablespoons PURYA! Sprouted Buckwheat
- 6 tablespoons raw pumpkin seed oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon syrup (e.g., maple or date syrup)
- ½ tablespoon fresh thyme (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Soak the millet in water overnight. The next day, drain the millet. Place the drained millet in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil. Cook for 40 minutes, drain and set aside.
In the meantime, rinse the lentils, place in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for approximately 20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Rinse the Brussels sprouts, cut off the ends, halve and cut into thin slices. Rinse the fresh cranberries. Halve half of them. Shell the walnuts, peel and toast in a pan with the pumpkin seeds. Thinly slice or dice the apple and place in a bowl filled with water and lime juice. This will stop the apple from turning brown. Rinse and chop the parsley.
Thoroughly combine the ingredients for the dressing. When all the ingredients for the salad are ready and cooled, place in a large bowl, add the dressing and combine well. Serve.
Salad will keep in the fridge for 3 days.