sprouted lupine protein bars
Makes 10, 18 x 18 cm baking sheet
- 150g dried, organic, pitted dates
- 75g organic, dried bananas
- 1/3 cup cashews (50g)
- 1/3 cup almonds (50g)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ cup porridge oats (50g)
- 2 tablespoons unhulled sesame seeds
- 5 tablespoons PURYA! Sweet Lupine Protein Powder (¼ cup)
- ¼ teaspoon dried vanilla
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ t teaspoon ground cardamom
- a pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 2-3 tablespoons organic date syrup (optional, if it’s not sticky enough)
Put almonds, cashews, chia seeds, oats and sesame seeds in a food processor and process into flour. Add the protein powder, dates, bananas, spices and blend for few minutes, until the mixture is very sticky. If your food processor is not powerful enough, do this step in batches. (If it’s not sticky enough, add syrup.)
When the mixture resembles wet sand and sticks together, put it into a dish/cake pan lined with greaseproof paper and press down firmly, first using your hands, then a spatula to create a smooth surface.
Refrigerate for a few hours. When properly cooled, remove the mixture from the dish and cut it into rectangles. Wrap each bar in greaseproof paper or cling foil.
Store in a sealed container in the fridge for 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 2 months.